Saturday, March 23, 2013

Shadow Box

Hello everyone I am so excited to share my first blog official DIY project with you. I decided to start my blog off with something simple so I created a color blocked shadow box. It is an extremely small accessorie, but can do wonders for the overall aesthetic of your room. I choose brighter colors for my box as you can see in the picture below and it gives an enthusiastic feel to the corner of my room.


Step one of the color block shadow box is to collect all of your materials.

Step two is to paint the first part of your box. I choose the background, but the order really doesn't matter. I decided to use a total of three colors on my box. One on the outside of the box, one on the inside, and another for my found object, but two is also good.


The next step is to paint the box. Make sure to wait until it dries completely before you flip it over and paint the bottom. (I made that mistake)


After that, you can go ahead and paint your found object. I used an old bird house and just repainted it, but any trinket or toy you can find around your house will do. The more random the better! 


Next, I painted the inside of the box. This step is not necessary, but if you have some extra paint go for it!




And the final, and most important step is to place everything in your box! 

                              

And VWALA!


No comments:

Post a Comment